Staple of Bavarian Cuisine
Estimated Cost: $5
Suggested Beverage: Lager, Dark Beer, Ale
- Cook in boiling vegetable or chicken stock instead of water.
- After boiling, cut in half and fry in duck fat or butter just until crispy on both sides.
- If you’re a common Franconian, boil for 5 minutes, roll in breadcrumbs, and fry on all sides.
- You feelin’ faaaancy? Grate some black truffle into the potatoes with the flour and egg.
- Do bacon crumbles work? That isn't a real question, is it?
- Cheese? Of course. Bleu is my favorite, but any cheese with some funk is good, like brick, cambozola, raclette or emmentaler. Grate in about ¼ cup.
- Sautéed mushrooms