Scallops are the automatic divas of any meal, but they are tricky to complement them without overpowering the stars. This is a super impressive 3-part dish that comes together in a very short time.
Equipment and Supplies
- paper towels
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 hash brown patties
- 1 pound sea scallops, dry pack , prepared
- Toss red cabbage, cherry tomatoes, green onions, and oyster sauce in a non-reactive bowl.2 cups red cabbage, 1 pint cherry tomatoes, ½ cup green onions, ¼ cup oyster sauce, ¼ cup sesame oil
- Heat oil to just smoking in a heavy pan over high heat. Carefully place the hash brown patties in the skillet. Fry for 10 minutes, flipping them after 4 minutes. Remove them when they are light golden brown, and put them on a paper towel to drain.4 tablespoons canola oil, 4 hash brown patties
- Add scallops, sear for 1 minute or until browned on bottom. Turn scallops over, sear for 30-45 seconds. Remove from heat and pat dry with a paper towel.1 pound sea scallops
- Plate by first laying down a hash brown patty, top that with the cabbage salad, then topping with those beautiful scallops.