Ludwig van Food
Yields 4 servings
Mashed potatoes are just so boring, like listening to Coldplay. Dress them up with carrots, cream and nutmeg. They will taste, and look, far better.
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 pound baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ¾ pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup cream or half and half
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Sea salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots and boil for 30 minutes.
- Drain and mash or transfer to a blender or food processor. Add butter, cream and nutmeg and puree.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.