Ludwig van Food
Yields Four servings
An appetizer bursting with flavor that Ludwig found quite a bit east of the typical garlic and white wine preparation.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cups coconut milk, divided
- 1½ tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons turbinado
- 1 pound mussels, scrubbed and cleaned
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small Thai chiles sliced in half, more or less to taste
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat 1 cup of coconut milk for 1 minute in a wok or large saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix in green curry paste and stir-fry until coconut milk comes to a bubble.
- Add in other half of coconut milk, fish sauce and turbinado.
- When coconut milk begins to bubble add mussels, garlic and cover.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until mussels open and are cooked. Remove any mussels that have not opened.
- Add bell pepper and Thai chiles. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in basil. Serve in a medium size bowl and garnish with cilantro.