Sweet, with just a little heat.
Estimated Cost: $10
Suggested Beverage: Milk, Port Wine
Equipment and Supplies
- 2-quart saucepan
- stand mixer or Medium Mixing Bowl
- Wire Cooling Rack
- 9" x 13" baking pan
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¾ teaspoon ancho powder, adjust to heat preference
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9" x "13" pan with butter, shortening or lard.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan using low heat. Do not allow to boil. Remove saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool slightly.1 cup unsalted butter
- Add eggs and sugar to the butter in the saucepan and stir until the mix is creamy. This is why you want the saucepan to cool a little. If you don't, the eggs will scramble.2 eggs, ½ cup granulated sugar
- Stir in ancho powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, vanilla, flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until the mix is smooth.½ cup all-purpose flour, ⅓ cup dark cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¾ teaspoon ancho powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Slowly pour the mix into a greased pan making sure it is evenly distributed.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes .
- If you are strong of will, let those puppies cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
Have you tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!