Ludwig van Food
Yields 4 servings
Colorful and delicious, this salad is a treat for the eyes and tastebuds alike. Perfect for adding a bright pop to fish and chicken entrees.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole grain brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 small head red cabbage, sliced lengthwise in eighths
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup celery leaves or Italian parsley
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- For the dressing, combine cider vinegar,½ cup oil, lime juice, honey, mustard and coriander in a small bowl and season with black pepper.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over cabbage and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill cabbage on a medium-hot grill or griddle, 10 minutes per side or until charred. Let cool and chop.
- Combine greens and cabbage in a large bowl, toss with dressing and serve.